Welcome to Stewarts Care Ltd.’s Data Protection (DP) section of the website
These pages are intended to assist you in exercising your rights under the Data Protection Acts 1988/2003 and to assist Stewarts Care Ltd.’s staff members in answering requests.
Stewarts Care Ltd undertakes to protect any information provided to it by individuals or others on a confidential basis, subject to Stewarts Care Ltd.’s obligations under law, including the Data Protection Acts 1988/2003.
1. Right to have your data processed in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
2. Right to be informed.
3. Right of access.
4. Right to establish existence of personal data.
5. Right of rectification or erasure.
6. Right to block certain uses.
7. Right to have your name removed from a direct marketing list.
8. Right to object.
9. Freedom from automated decision making
10. Rights under Data Protection and Privacy in Telecommunications Regulations.
Data Protection is the safeguarding of the privacy rights of individuals in relation to the processing of personal data. You supply information about yourself to many organisations, including Stewarts Care Ltd in order to avail of services or satisfy obligations. For the purpose of Data Protection, such organisations or individuals who control the contents and use of personal data are known as Data Controllers.
Stewarts Care Ltd, as a Data Controller, must adhere to the eight rules of Data Protection. The eight rules, which apply whether the information is held on computer or in a manual form are:
1. Obtain and process information fairly.
2. Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
3. Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes.
4. Keep it safe and secure.
5. Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date.
6. Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
7. Retain it no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes.
8. Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual on request.
You can make a request in writing by completing the following form: DP Access Request Form 2015 or by email and simply refer to the Data Protection Acts. Please ensure that you describe the records you seek in the greatest detail possible to enable us to identify the relevant records. Please note that the Data Protection Acts apply only to personal information but not to records of the deceased. Stewarts Care Ltd does not charge the €6.35 fee allowed under the Acts.
Data Protection Officer,
Stewarts Care Ltd,
Telephone 01 6518236
Entitlements under the DP Acts:
A decision will, in normal circumstances, be issued within 40 days of receipt of your request. There are exemptions provided for in the Acts, this means that there are specific circumstances when the requested information will not be released. If any of these exemptions are used to withhold information, the reasons will be clearly explained to you. Details of your entitlement to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner will be included in the decision letter.
More details on ‘Your Rights’ and Stewarts Care Ltd’s obligations are available on the Data Protection Commissioner’s website: www.dataprotection.ie The site also holds the public registry details for Stewarts Care Ltd (Reference Number: 1805/A) as required by the Data Protection Acts.
Contact Details for the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner:
Address: Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, Ireland.
LoCall 1890 25 22 31 | Phone 00353 57 868 4800 | Fax 00353 57 868 4757 | email email@example.com