The physiotherapy department in Stewarts works as part of a multidisciplinary team and is based in the Assessment Clinic and Sports Centre. The role of the physiotherapist is to provide assessment, treatment and advice in relation to improving or maintaining functional abilities, independence and mobility.
Physiotherapy is provided to Service Users of all ages and is provided in a variety of settings e.g. clinic, school, home, day services.
Referrals are taken from all areas within Stewarts Services
- Infant Stimulation Programme
- Junior School
- Senior School
- Residential services
- Day Services
- Main Building (Senior Citizens Group, Adult Education)
- Ronanstown Training & Education Centre
Service Users with physical disability receive regular physiotherapy input on an on-going basis.
- 24 hour postural management (seating, sleep systems, standing frames)
- Individual and group exercise programmes
- Manual Lymphatic drainage
- Respiratory physiotherapy when indicated
- Orthotic Clinics
- Seating Clinics (in conjunction with the Occupational Therapy department)
Service Users with orthopaedic or musculoskeletal conditions are seen as required.
The Physiotherapy Department provide training for staff in other disciplines in the areas of Postural Drainage and Suctioning and also in conjunction with the Occupational Therapy Department provide training on Postural Management.
Tel: (01) 6518171
Fax: (01) 6235915