This section is intended to inform you about how Stewarts Care Ltd. uses personal data, and to assist staff in employing best Data Protection practice. The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is now in force and these pages will be updated over the coming weeks and months in order to provide information and guidance on how Stewarts Care is complying with Data Protection Law.
Stewarts Care Ltd. Is committed to the principles of transparency, accountability and security of the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure – and to be able to demonstrate – that data processing is compliant.
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new piece of legislation which replaces data protection laws in the European Union. The GDPR gives individuals greater control over their personal data by setting out additional and more clearly defined rights for individuals whose personal data is collected and processed by organisations. The GDPR also imposes corresponding obligations on organisations that collect personal data.
The GDPR is based on the core principles of data protection. These principles require organisations and businesses to:
- Collect no more data than is necessary from an individual for the purpose for which it will be used;
- Obtain personal data fairly from the individual by giving them notice of the collection and its specific purpose;
- Retain the data for no longer than is necessary for that specified purpose;
- To keep data safe and secure; and
- Provide an individual with a copy of his or her personal data if they request it.
Under the GDPR individuals have the significantly strengthened rights to:
- Obtain details about how your data is processed;
- Obtain copies of your personal data;
- Have incorrect or incomplete data corrected or updated;
- Have your data erased by where, for example, there is no legitimate reason for retaining the data;
- To have that data transmitted to another organisation in certain circumstances (Data Portability);
- Object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances;
- Not to be subject to (with some exceptions) automated decision making, including profiling.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that can identify an individual person. This includes a name, an ID number, a postal address, online browsing history, images or anything relating to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a person.
What is a data controller?
A data controller is a person, or group of people, who determines the purposes and means of processing of personal data. Stewarts Care Ltd. is a data controller.
Data Subjects' RIghts
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
The right to be informed
The right of access
The right to rectification
The right to erasure/right to be forgotten
The right to restrict processing
The right to data portability
The right to object
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
The Data Protection Commissioner has prepared a Guide to the Rights of Individuals under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Can I see the information you hold about me?
Yes, you can see your information on request. Just contact us at email@example.com. We might need to confirm your identity before we release the information.
Alternatively, you can fill out our Subject Access Request Form.
If you are unhappy with our response to your request, you can contact the Data Protection Commission:
Data Protection Commission
Canal House Station Road
Tel: 1890 252 231
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.dataprotection.ie
Transparency & Security
Information on how and why we process your personal data is available in our privacy notice. If you need additional information you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Stewarts care follows best practice in order to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its information processing systems and services.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer monitors how we collect, use, share and protect your information to ensure your rights are fulfilled. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at Email: email@example.com Address: Data Protection Officer, Stewarts Care Ltd., Mill Lane, Palmerstown, Dublin 20, D20 XT80 Phone: +353 1 651 8236