Hours of Work
35 hours per week, Mon- Fri
Duration of Post
Permanent Full Time
Palmerstown, Dublin 20
Head of HR or person nominated by them.
The primary focus of the Recruitment Officer is the delivery of successful, targeted recruitment and onboarding campaigns.
This is a pivotal role within the Stewarts Care HR team, and an exciting opportunity for candidates with previous recruitment experience to make a positive impact through attracting and onboarding quality talent into front line care, nursing, clinical, technical and support roles.
This role requires a confident, creative, target driven multi-tasker with a genuine interest in matching people with talent and potential, to career opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage end to end recruitment from campaign launch, candidate screening, interviewing and onboarding.
2. Work to continuously identify new, innovative ways of recruiting high-quality employees.
3. Work closely with HR colleagues and line managers to ensure the recruitment process runs as effectively and efficiently as possible, ensuring all stakeholders both internal and external receive an excellent recruitment and onboarding experience.
4. Engage with hiring managers to understand vacancies and support the recruitment process.
5. Support hiring managers in developing and reviewing job descriptions for all vacancies.
6. Ensure vacancies are advertised through appropriate media to include online platforms, social media, print, radio etc.
7. Work with with recruitment partners in external agencies as required to deliver the recruitment strategy.
8. In conjunction with the HRBP Operations develop talent acquisition practices, processes and systems to ensure an effective hiring process from application to hire.
9. Onboarding activity and associated HR administration including offers, contracts, reference checks, Garda vetting, visa support, HR system update etc.
10. Co-ordinate new hire Induction in conjunction with L&D.
11. Track and report on recruitment metrics.
12. Ensure adherence to legislation impacting on recruitment processes and ensure that working practices meet legislative requirements.
13. Maintain data integrity through various system audits.
14. Maintain accurate and consistent employee personnel files and other related HR files.
15. Promote communication at all levels of the organisation and continuously improve communication strategies and processes.
16. Generate ad-hoc reports as required.
17. Provide reception cover as required.
18. Participate in training and development programmes as required by the Organisation.
19. To undertake any other duties or activities as required by the Organisation.
20. Promote a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
21. Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, ethics and legislation.
22. Support the core values and the mission statement of Stewarts Care.
The above Job Specification is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Qualifications & Experience
Candidates must meet the following criteria relevant to the role:
• Minimum of 2 years agency or in-house recruitment experience is required.
• Experience working with high volume recruitment.
• Recognised qualification in human resources, business management or related discipline.
• Proficient in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and database management.
• Experience using online recruitment platforms.
• Highly organised with proven ability to work well under pressure and manage priorities.
• Excellent communicator, both written, verbal and presenting.
• Professional and discreet.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven confidence to establish and maintain strong working relationships and networks.
• Creative problem solver with ability to reframe challenge as opportunity and identify solutions.
• Strong analytical and administrative skills, with proven excellent attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, organisational and administrative skills, with proven excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently using own initiative and also as an effective team member.
• Previous experience working in health and social care, voluntary or related sector an advantage.
• Public Sector Pay and Pension
• Education and CPD supports
• Parental Benefits
• Career Progression
• Learning and Development
• On site Gym with discounted staff membership rates
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free parking
• Employee assistance programme
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties assigned to the post holder. It is intended to be neither definitive nor restrictive and is subject to periodic review with the employee concerned
Remuneration is in accordance with the Department of Health consolidated pay scales
Current Salary Scale: Clerical Grade IV
€30,928 - €49,361 LSI
Salaries and increments are paid in accordance with DOH salary scales
24 Days per annum
The hours allocated to this post are 35 hours per week.
The allocation of these hours will be at the discretion of the Head of HR and in accordance with the needs of the service
All employees will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months, with an extension if required to 9 months. This probationary period applies to all employees irrespective of their role or type of role.
Stewarts will carry out Garda vetting on all new employees. An employee will not take up employment with the organisation until the Garda Vetting process has been completed and
the organisation is satisfied that such an appointment does not pose a risk to the service users and employees.
Stewarts will seek up to two written references from current and previous employers, educational institutions or any other organisation with which the candidate has been associated. Stewarts reserves the right to determine the merit, appropriateness and relevance of such references and referees.