Permanent Full time (35 hours per week)- covering Palmerstown, Inchicore, Ballyfermot and Chapelizod
We have exciting opportunities for Speech and Language Therapists to work as part of the Children Network Disability Team (CDNT 6).
Applications are invited for: 2 Permanent contract posts for CDNT-6.
Stewarts is a long-established voluntary organisation providing comprehensive community-based services to people with intellectual disability in the West Dublin area. Stewarts is the lead agency for two newly established interdisciplinary CDNT teams (CDNT5 and 6) in line with Progressing Children’s Disability Services. These teams will be based in Stewarts Care Palmerstown.
Purpose of the Post:
We are seeking an energetic, flexible, innovative, and enthusiastic Basic Grade Speech & Language Therapists to join our CDNT to provide quality, evidence-based, and family-centered Speech and Language Therapy service to children and young people (0 – 18 years) with complex needs within an interdisciplinary framework. The post holder would provide Speech and Language Therapy services as part of community disability network services within a family-centered model of service delivery.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills and be a positive influence at an exciting time within our services.
To be considered for this post applicants must demonstrate the following:
• Hold a qualification in Speech and Language Therapy approved by the Speech and Language Therapy Registration Board at CORU.
• Practitioners must maintain annual registration on the Speech and Language Therapy register maintained by the Speech and Language Therapy Registration Board at CORU.
• Qualified to practice with disorders of Feeding, Eating, Drinking, and Swallowing (FEDS).
• Possess the requisite knowledge and ability, including a high standard of suitability and ability, for the proper discharge of the office
• Evidence of participation in continuous professional development.
• Must be fully proficient in ICT skills.
• Professional, accountable, planning, and time management skills
• Knowledge of all the relevant children and disability-related legislation and standards of practice.
• Experience of the inter-disciplinary team working.
• Demonstrate experience of working with children and adolescents with a range of disabilities presenting with complex needs post-qualification.
• Have knowledge of relevant National Health and Social Care Frameworks for children's disability services.
• Knowledge of Community Healthcare Organisation Governance of Children’s Disability Network Service.
• Have a full clean driving license and access to a car.
Salary and qualifications are per HSE consolidated pay scales SLT €39,534-€ 57,366 inc LSI
Informal enquires are welcomed by Liz Meaney, Children’s Disability Network Manager, Tel 0872673258 or email@example.com
Job description is available on our careers page
Applications should include a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. Applications will be short-listed based on the information supplied and a panel may be formed from which this and future vacancies will be filled.
Closing date: 2nd December 2022
Email: HR@stewartscare.ie or by Post: HR Dept., Stewarts Care Ltd, Palmerstown, Dublin, 20.
Stewarts Care Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer